Friday, May 27, 2011

Last Day Of Preschool

Haylee's last day of preschool was yesterday.  Every year (well, this year and last - since that's all we have experienced) Haylee's school puts on an end of the year program and potluck.  The parents are invited to play in their child's room before the actual program, then the kids sing to us and then we have lunch.  They practice their Bible versus that they have learned throughout the year and then there are always a few songs that they learn just for this program.  I love going to her school and seeing her interact with her friends and teachers.  She is such a big girl.

Here are some pictures of Haylee from yesterday.



This is Haylee and her two best friends.
The girl in the brown is Lauren and the girl next to her is Haylie.
The three of them are ALWAYS together and are such great friends.

Here are some videos of their singing!


This was the last song they sang for us.  It made all of the parents laugh!  They did great!


After the children were done singing, the kids came and sat with their parents and the teachers said that they had one final thing to show us.  The video is fairly lengthy, and I couldn't get it to upload to the blog, so I will just have to tell you about it.  Beth and Michelle asked for a baby picture of our preschooler.  They then took that picture and put it next to a current picture of our child.  They mixed in that slide with pictures of the kids throughout the year.  It was wonderful.  They even made us a copy of it.  What a wonderful keepsake not only for us, but for the kids as well!  Ms Beth and Ms Michelle are amazing women.  Everyday they come in and teach our children their numbers, letters, colors, and the basics of what our educational system should, but they also teach her about God, about loving each other and about being a better person.  I know that Byron and I had a hand in this - we've been her parents for 5 years now, we must have started and done something right!  But Beth and Michelle continue our expectations and love onto Haylee while she is at school.  It is so hard to find teachers who are truly good at that.  I trust Little Lights; the women who teach there to continue to love and "grow" my child while I am working.  I have been struggling lately with the thought that I work and someone else is there to help raise my child.  Haylee said that she wanted to go home with us after her program was over and both Byron and I had to tell her that she had to stay because mommy and daddy had to go back to work....she said that all of her other friends got to go home with their moms, why can't she come home.  I cried the whole way back to work....I know that Byron and I could make the choice to change our lifestyle so that I could stay home with our children, but I also know that I love what I do for my career, and I know that I am good at what I do.   I also know that I love seeing my daughter and son come home from school and daycare and tell me about what they learned that day; painting with spaghetti, going on a treasure hunt, playing dress up with her friends.   It is a balance that Byron, Haylee, Carter and I will have to continue to do.  It is events like the program that I cherish, that I will hold onto as tight as I can to see that my child has and is changing and growing.  I am a good mom, my husband is a wonderful father.  We are making our way through life as a working family - my children are happy healthy and are beautiful....I guess I can't ask for more than that!  I love Little Lights and I am so thankful for Beth and Michelle, they have been phenomenal teachers, and I can't express my gratitude to them for carrying on for me when I drop my daughter off.

Thank you to Little Lights and Ms. Beth and Ms. Michelle for everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment