Monday, May 9, 2011

Spring Has Sprung

I had a phenomenal Mother's Day this year.  B let me sleep in (I slept until 8:00am!  Can you believe that?!)  and while I was sleeping he took the kids to the store and bought donuts and flowers for me....sounds silly, but donuts are a treat in our house!  The kids were nice enough to save me a heart shaped sprinkle donut.

After we got changed we headed out to Lowe's where we bought flowers for the year.  The kids are old enough to actually be a help, so we got home and flower planting began!  Haylee was a terrific help, and let me plant and then watered the heck out of the flower pots.

Our yard is finally coming together.  The last few years have taken a lot of hard work in getting old plants out, building the patio, the planters, and finally the last two years putting in perennials....the yard looks beautiful.  I took some pictures of the flowers that we have and that Haylee helped me plant.







We have even more flowers that have come up all over the yard...the Clematis is on year number three and is flourishing!  I might have a small green thumb forming! 

After the kids woke from their nap we headed over to my parents house for a BBQ.  My mom is retiring from her job in July, so to help her make it through the last few months of what has turned into a chaotic job, Haylee made Grandma a countdown chain.  There were 64 rings on the chain, and Grandma was very excited to have something help her count down to sudo-retirement!


Hope everyone enjoyed their Mother's Day as much as I did!  Thanks to all you beautiful strong women who have paved the way for those of us just starting!  You are amazing role models!

No comments:

Post a Comment