Sunday, August 18, 2013

What Is This Man Cave Thing?!

So apparently there has been a request to have a post that talks about nothing but B's Man Cave.  I can't imagine why anyone would be so interested in the thing, but alas, I will appease those who follow and read the blog with a post dedicated to nothing but B's man cave.  I have to be honest with you, since I am writing the post and not B, it's going to be short and sweet!

Although there have been posts about the man cave, I think that they have been sandwiched in with the house, so I am going to repost some of the pictures again.

Prepping the area for the future man cave!





The sides are going up!






Roof trusses and windows going in!



The siding going up.



Garage door installed!  Yea!


After living in the house for a month or so, we finally were able to get concrete poured in the shop.  It was a multiple day affair in getting the concrete poured since there was so much space to cover and a rationing at the concrete plant.  After the concrete set long enough, we finally moved everything from the house garage out to the shop.  So happy to have my car living in the garage!

Here are some pics of a very messy inside of B's shop.  He's amazing in trying to balance setting up his shop how he wants and so he can go back out and start working on his cars, and my never ending "honey-do" list.  This winter I will be great for him.  This winter the house will be good and he can't do any landscaping, so this winter we will have to do some update shots on his man cave!




B also put up some really cool lights over the two windows that face the house.  Our future plans are to have a little patio out between the windows as a nice place to sit and watch the kids as they play on the playground.  Here are some shots of the lights.





I have said this before, and I am going to say it again.  I am so happy that B and I were able to make this shop work so early in the process.  This was one of the main reasons why we moved to acreage, and I would have been so sad for B if we wouldn't have been able to do this so soon.  It has turned out amazing and even I like it! 

1 comment:

  1. Man Cave? Heck, that is a man castle.

    Uncle Marty

    ReplyDelete