Friday, August 2, 2013

Moving Day

The day has finally arrived!  Over the last week or so, B and I have been cleaning, repacking, looking in every nook and cranny at my parents house to gather up our belongings.  Moving out was a couple week process that we would do after work and on the weekends, moving in was going to be a one, maybe two day shot where we just go all out and get it done.

Saturday morning, April 27th B and my dad left to go get the 28 ft Budget Rental truck while I left with Chris (and some donuts!) to go get Ryan.  We then headed over to the storage unit to wait for reinforcements!  We had a 10 ft by 20 ft storage unit.  This unit was also 14 ft tall in the back, and trust you me, B and I had that thing bursting at the seams!  He and my dad had stuff roped to the ceiling beams to hold it in place!

We are so appreciative of our family and friends who came out and helped us move in.  We seriously couldn't have done it without them.

Here's some pictures from the day!  YEA!!!  MOVING DAY!!!

Gathering up stuff at the parental units house!

 Our storage unit.  

 Yep, that is yellow rope that is attached to the beam that is preventing the couch from falling.

My brothers so enthused to help move so early on a Saturday!
(they are laying down in the truck bed)


My dad and Husband made fun of me for renting the biggest truck they had...I had the last laugh - we filled it completely and only had to make 1 trip!



Don't we look so excited!?

The almost empty storage unit....

Nice thing about having acreage with no landscaping yet?  You can drive the beast around to the back of the house where the double french doors are waiting!  So much easier this way!!!





Our friend help ran out with the storage unit, but we still had all of the stuff at my parents house to get over to the new house.  We wanted to take advantage of having the Budget Rental truck so we decided to keep pushing through and to get all the stuff from my parents house over to the new house on the same day.

Even though we had almost all of our belongings in storage, we still had a TON of stuff at my parents!  Ugh, it just kept coming!




We got almost everything over to the new house on Saturday.  There were still a lot of odds and ends that needed to be picked up from people's houses across the state, but we were so happy to just push through and get everything to the house that day.  Thanks to everyone who helped!  

No comments:

Post a Comment