Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Wish Me Luck....

I try to be crafty.  Some would think that I am super crafty, but I put myself in the very minimal of minimal when it comes to being crafty.

I love taking pictures (not very good at it, but I still love pictures!).  I love looking back on pictures of Byron and I dating and throughout our relationship, getting married, our first house we bought together, trips we've taken together, our children, etc.  Thank goodness for digital cameras.  I am pretty organized when it comes to the pictures on our computer, so it's fun to look through them; they are all in one place and it's super easy to look through the folders to find what I want.  But sometimes, it's fun to go through a photo album and see the fun paper, the pictures, and the fun little stories that go along with those pictures to really remember that experience.  Not to mention, when our kids grow up and move out of our house, this is something that they can take with them and share with their families (this whole family of theirs thing isn't going to happen until they are 40 but it has to happen at some point)

Ever since Haylee was born, I have wanted to do photo albums of the kids life - well, here we are 5 years later and I haven't started hers; and since I haven't started hers, the idea of having anything of Carter's done is laughable.

Enter this week.  Since I am home recouping from surgery, and my work won't let me come back yet, I started working on Carter's 1st year photo album.  I decided to start on Carter's because I feel like if I get his done, and get going on the second album, I won't feel as far behind.  I can say that I'm only a year behind on his life, not 5 years like I am with Haylee!

I took some pictures of my "crafting area".  Thanks to my wonderful husband for letting me do this.  It is quite expensive to make a photo album, and he has been great in me shopping while at home.

Stack of pictures to go in the book

That's a LOT of paper!


Wish me luck!  My goal is to have made a considerable dent in getting his book done by the time I go back to work on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment