Sunday, March 27, 2011

Runnin' O' the Green

My very good friend Erin asked me a few months ago if I would be interested in doing the Runnin' O' The Green - a St. Patty's Day 7K (4.3 miles) race that is held downtown.  It is a great race where they pass out corn beef sandwiches and beer once you cross the finish line.  It is partly Erin's fault for me wanting to do more races this year and have fun...so, after the success of the Climb for Air, I talked my dad and sister into doing this race with me.

It was a blast!  There were so many people dressed up in their finest Irish green, and so ready to have fun!  The race happened two days after Ryan's car accident and neither my dad nor myself had gotten much sleep in the previous few days, and it was also daylight savings time; which Erin's phone - or so she claims - didn't switch the times, so she called me when she was supposed to be downtown and asked what time it was and threw on some clothes and hopped the lightrail,  so needless to say, the three of us didn't dress up for the race.   We still had a great time!



A look at the crowd at the starting line
These guys were HILARIOUS!


A look as we were running up 20th St
Us at the finish line!  We did it!

Dad beat us - yea, that's right, Dad beat us.  My sister Erin had to stop and take off her pants (keep it clean folks...she had her shorts on underneath) so he passed us then and we were never able to catch up to him.  He did great and I am sooo proud of him.  He finished the race in just over 45 minutes.  I believe his exact time was 45:04.  I finished in 46:09, Erin Denning finished in 47:59, and Erin Ellis finished in 48:31.  So, for now, Dad has bragging rights in being a 54 year old beating his two daughters in the race.  All I have to say dad is - bring it.  The Sean May Memorial Race is in May...you will hand over the bragging rights then!

No comments:

Post a Comment