Monday, April 4, 2011

So Over It.....

I am soooo over cold and flu season....it seems like from December to April our kids rotate on who is sick and what funky illness they get....I realize that this is what every parent goes through and that once you put your kids in day care or preschool it is building their immune system, blah blah blah....I'M OVER IT!  My house looks like a tornado came through it, the kids don't sleep at night, therefore we don't sleep at night, B and I hardly see each  other because we each have our own "sicky" to deal with...and by the time we see each other at night, we assume the other has the coodies from their sicky so there is NO WAY we are kissing or hugging at night!

This past weekend was no exception with our children catching the next round of illness.  Saturday was BEAUTIFUL - the high was 81!  I had visions of us going to the zoo, having a picnic, playing outside after nap time....not one of those things happened....Carter woke up in a mood and could not be consoled, no matter what we did...Haylee was mopey all day...so we ended up deciding to go for a bike ride to the park by our house.  That is another disastrous story that may or may not be told.  Anyway, Saturday did not turn out how I had envisioned.  We put the kids to bed early and when they woke up on Sunday, Haylee had a fever of 102 along with rashy splotches all over her body.  Carter woke up with the same crankiness and a fever.  I took H to Children's where they diagnosed her with Strep (WHA?!  Serious - where did she get that from?!)  I made it home, fed the kids, put them down for nap.  When they woke, Carter had a fever of 102, and was inconsolable.  Back to Children's I went!  This time I was leaving with a prescription for Amoxicillin for an ear infection!  Again - where did he get that from?!

So, to keep the children calm and to infect as little as possible, we decided to do crafts both yesterday and today...enjoy the pics of the sickies!




They don't look all that sick - but man, the nasties have invaded their little bodies...they are being troopers though.  I am hoping to take a walk with them today to get them out of the house and get a little fresh air - waiting for the snow to melt though!  Trying to keep them away from each other and not share their illnesses is not the easiest thing to do!  Did I mention how over cold and flu season I am?!

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear they were not well, and yet so glad they have such a great mommy and daddy as you and Byron to take care of them! I love the photo of Carter opening the marker . . . and Haylee is as adorable as ever. You are such a great mom, Megan . . . really, truly inspiring.

    ReplyDelete