Saturday, May 5, 2012

Decorating

Since we stopped looking for a new house and decided to stay here, B and I ramped up on decorating the house again.  We have done a lot to our house over the last few years, but I decided that I wanted to start decorating our house like grownups and really adding color and nice pieces of furniture.  Right after we stopped looking for a house, I found a new dining room table that I LOVED.  Somehow, I convinced B to buy it and that started the decorating of the dining room.  I love how the room has turned out.  We painted the walls a very soft gray and the ceiling two shades darker flat gray. I love the dark gray and how it complements and makes the table and chairs pop. The curtains were B's choice (my mom and I had different fabric in mind, but when B and I went back to the store, he saw this and liked it more - who am I to argue when he likes something with a floral design!?)

The accent color that I want to pull into the room is a burnt orange color.  I would really love for B and his brother to do an original canvas painting like they did in the family room that has the background color burnt orange with white poppies, similar looking to this.  On the wall opposite of the canvas I want to do a collection of black and white family photos put onto canvas and on the other wall, the black and white flower pictures we originally had up.  We shall see how that goes.  I want to have some really good pictures taken of us to put on canvas, and I have yet to find a photographer that takes good pictures.

Here's some shots of the dining room!




Once I get the artwork figured out, I will post new pictures....I'm ready for some fancy dinner parties now!

No comments:

Post a Comment