Sunday, November 13, 2011

Happy Birthday Haylee

5 years old....wow....I have a 5 year old child.  I have been a parent for 5 years.  I have watched my little baby grow from a 6 lb 6.6 oz 19.5 inch long little baby into a 35 lb 36 inch tall little girl.  She is an amazing person.  She is going to do good things in her life and I am, already, so proud of the person she is!  Her teachers tell us that she is a natural leader in the classroom and loves taking care of her friends.  She always wants everything to be fair with her friends (sorry little girl, that is a flaw you got from your mama, and I pray that you figure out how to deal with that flaw better than I have!)  She is such a gift to her dad and I and I can't imagine what our family would be like without her.

This past weekend we had a party for her at our house.  We have always asked what she wants the theme to be for her party, and this year it was Unicorns.  I am not one to let my kids down, and I will try (within reason) to get them what they want so they feel special and feel like Mom and Dad know them and listen to them.  Thankfully, my friend Amy had a Unicorn cake pan!  Woo Hoo - Mom and Dad are the coolest once again!  Byron did a great job on the cake (as he always does!) and we had a lot of family and friends at our house to help celebrate the birth of our daughter!

Enjoy the pictures of the event!






We had 12 kids under 5 at our house!  It was CRAZY!
I think Byron and I pride ourselves on making awesome cakes for our kids parties, and we try to have the "themes"match...does it matter to the kids; at the time, probably not, but the pictures years down the road make it all worth it!   As I said earlier, my friend Amy had a unicorn cake pan.  This cake pan is AWESOME!  When you bake the cake, it has a raised part for the horse...we decided that we were going to try to make the cake out of chocolate and lay it on top of the cake....Who knew how uneven and wavy cakes bake when you are trying to put something flat on top!  Byron as always came through and with a little help from my hairdryer, we were able to get the chocolate horse to lay flat on the cake.  He did great at decorating (as usual) and we have another successful cake!  Here's a look at Haylee's cake this year!  

Cake with the chocolate horse still in pan 

The finished product!  It looks GREAT!

Happy Birthday Haylee Elizabeth....you are quite the little person and I can't wait to watch you grow....your Daddy and I love you so very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment