Friday, November 11, 2011

Halloween Festivites

Although it is past Halloween, how could I not post about all the fun that we had this year?! This is kind of a lengthy post, but figured it would be best to put in one, instead of 6 different posts!

Haylee is a PRO when it comes to all of the fun activities surrounding Halloween, and Carter is finally old enough to get it.  We had such a great time this year!

~ Trunk or Treating ~
Trunk or Treating is something that is put on by the City of Thornton where we live.  Trunk or Treating is where people pay to enter their car into a trunk decorating contest.   They decorate the trunk of their cars how they want and then pass out candy to the kids.  It is a safe way for parents to bring their kids dressed up in their Halloween costumes and trick or treat.  I have never been, and it was only a dollar per person, so I thought it would be fun to take the kids and get them a test run on trick or treating.  My mom was nice enough to go with us... because I had never been, I didn't really know what to expect.  THANK GOODNESS my children were in a good mood, because when we got there - (about 15 minutes before the "trunk or treating" was to begin) the line was ridiculous!  I ran ahead of my mom and the kids to get a spot in line, and by the time they had made it to me, there were at least 100 or more people behind me!

Mom and kids finally catching up to me 

This is the line right after they made it to where I was!

My good witch and little monkey!
We waited in line for about 45 minutes; laughing with other parents, looking at all of the adorable costumes, chatting it up. By the time we made it in, the kids were ready to go!  Talk about sensory overload for Carter!  He never held his bucket and just stared at everyone!  He only got a little cautious a few times, but other than that, he did fine.  Haylee was amazing, and took her brother by the hand and led him around telling him to say "trick or treat".  

One of the few people Carter wouldn't go up to!
Can we say OVERSTIMULATED?!
ELMO!  



~ Pumpkin Patch ~ 
I love the pumpkin patch that we go to.  It is so close to home and there is a TON of stuff for the kids to do there once they pick out their pumpkins....

I did not force this hand holding - they did it all on their own!  :)

Look at little brother trying to help sissy carry the pumpkin!


Two cute kids if I do say so myself!



Ahh, the corn box!
Corn Angels - don't say you've never made them!  :)



~ Carving Pumpkins ~ 
Its so much fun to watch my kids explore new things.  Although pumpkin carving isn't new to either child, they still tend to freak out by the "goo" in the pumpkin!  They did a really good job picking out their pumpkins and we kept the carving simple this year - we asked the kids what they wanted and daddy drew and then cut them out!











~ Party Time ~
Our Friends, the Sorice family had a Halloween party, and we had such a good time!  It is so nice that my kids get along so well with Brynn and Hayden.  There were 11 kids there and our goal was to get 1 picture of all the kids in their costumes - some cooperated, some didn't!  Enjoy the pictures from the party...


Not a bad shot considering the chaos going on behind the camera lens!
Haylee and Brynn


~ Trick or Treating ~
Such a good time was had!  We went out with the Sorice's and Auntie Erin came along with us too!  Auntie Erin dressed up and looked great as Tom Cruise in Risky Business - yep, you know the scene!  Some shots from the night....






For us to always tell people that not much is new, and we haven't really done much - we are super busy people!  WOW!  All of this in the span of a week or two!  Whew! Hope everyone enjoyed their Halloween as much as we did!

No comments:

Post a Comment