Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Four Years Later

Then - Nov 2006
Now - Nov 2010









I am still learning everyday.  I will never stop learning.  Four years after having Haylee, I am still learning her quirks, her moods (yes people, I will admit it - SHE IS MY DAUGHTER and SHE HAS MY PERSONALITY) what makes her tick, and how to raise a daughter, not only for survival, but how to keep her on the right path and to be happy, healthy and productive.  Haylee is an amazing little girl.  I look at her everyday and can't believe that she is mine, I can't believe that she came from me and from my husband.  I can't believe how amazing she is and how lucky I am to watch her grow and explore the world.  She is so smart, and has such a personality.


As in my last post, she is independent and is voicing her opinion more and more. We let her pick the "theme" she wanted for her birthday party, and what else could it be? Of course - princess themed! We got princess invites, princess favors, and to make it all come together, we made her a castle cake. She asked us if she could invite friends from her preschool to her party - not just girls, but BOYS too! Yikes - is she old enough to have boys coming to her birthday party? Turns out, she is, and she had a blast. We played pin the horn on the unicorn, and then as a fun craft/goody bag present, I found canvas bags, and let the kids pick out an iron on picture, and then color that picture once it was ironed on. I think the kids had a good time doing it, and all 7 of the 4 year olds left my house without fabric marker on their clothes!


The whole day was such a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment