Friday, September 25, 2009

What a beautiful bride....

So, as mentioned in the previous posting, my cousin got engaged at the end of 2008 and got married over Labor Day 2009. My cousin Cori is such an amazing woman. Cori and I are only a couple of years apart in age, and when going back to Chicago to visit, we would never miss a beat and pick up our friendship where we left off. We would often get in trouble for giggling at each other across the dinner table - what the "adults" never got, is that we were giggling for no reason! We were giggling because it was so quiet! We would get scolded for talking and, once again, giggling after the lights were shut out and we were supposed to be sleeping. When we went out to visit, we would always sleep in the living room in sleeping bags, by the grandfather clock....just a short hallway away from all of our parents and grandparents. We would play school, dress up, and run around the house with wigs on, I have so many fond memories that include Cori. She is such a wonderful person; very funny, smart, and is amazingly beautiful inside and out. I am glad that my sister and my daughter have her to look up to as another strong willed, independent woman. So, when Cori called me shortly after announcing her engagement to ask me if Haylee could serve as the flower girl in her wedding, I was honored.
I tried to prep Haylee in the weeks leading up to the wedding on what a flower girls does, and that she was going to be wearing a pretty dress. Haylee was very excited and wanted to wear her pretty dress everyday.

Cori and Brandon did an amazing job planning their wedding. It was so beautiful. It was at a local country club, with the ceremony outside under some trees. The weather was perfect, slightly overcast (and not humid for how it should have been for Illinois in September!) Cori and her bridesmaids got dressed at my aunt's house, and it brought back memories of my wedding. It was so great to see Cori getting ready to marry her best friend. Brandon is such an awesome guy, and I am so happy that she found someone to share her life with. The photographer came over to the house and started taking pictures there, here are some that we snapped ourselves.



Once we made it to the country club, I left Haylee with her cousin and my sister and went to take my seat. To be honest, I was a little sad leaving her there and having to go take my seat, but I had confidence in my big girl that she would walk down the aisle with the ring bearer, and do her thing.

I couldn't see her walking the whole way, but I was told that she had tripped on the front of her dress and tripped, spilling all of her flowers out of the basket. So, the ring bearer (and his mom who was helping both of them walk to the ceremony) stopped to pick the flowers up. I sat on the inside of the aisle, so when she made it to the end, she could see a familiar face. She didn't even notice me until she got two rows from me. She held onto the rind bearers hand, and pulled him along. Both of the kids did great. and the ring bearer took off running once he made it to the front and Haylee let go of him!

The reception was great, great food, music and lots of drinking to be had by all! My aunt was very thoughtful and arranged for there to be a couple of babysitters there for us to use if we wanted. So, we packed Haylee's toys and pj's and sent her to play for the night. She played so hard that day and well into the night. The music was too loud where we had originally thought to have her play, so the baby sitters took Haylee down to the women's locker room where there was a couch...a couple minutes after taking her down there, she was out.
Thank you to Cori and Brandon for letting us share in their day. You two are such a wonderful couple, and we can't thank you enough. Cori, you were a beautiful bride, and Brandon, welcome to the family....

2 comments:

  1. Oh Megan, your little girl looks so beautiful. You and your cousin look a lot alike. And holy cow girl, you are rockin in that black dress, you would never know that you had just given birth. Way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO cute! She did do a marvelous job! It's obvious she had a proud momma to cheer her on and give her support! Way to go to BOTH Pletcher girls!

    ReplyDelete