Monday, August 24, 2009

Ms. Independent

For the last several months, Byron and I have been prepping Haylee to be a big sister. Some of this includes going potty without mommy and daddy there, helping to set the table, do laundry, etc. Perhaps the most noticeable thing that we have given up and allowed Haylee to do on her own is to pick out her own outfits. Some of these outfits are so funny that I decided to start taking pictures of her more outrageous picks. Enjoy my big girl (I am trying hard not to call her my little girl anymore, since she is a big sister now) and some of her more daring style choices - to those who helped my with my fashion faux paus - I promise, I will break her of these bad style choices before she goes to kindergarten!

This is Haylee in a fuzzy purple vest, hot pink sunglasses meant for an infant, and brown shorts.

Haylee in a sweater vest (meant to have a long sleeve shirt under it) and gray sweat pant style shorts....



Haylee displaying a lovely mix of a button up shirt that has reddish/pink vertical stripes, purple plaid shorts and please, PLEASE notice her new boots - they are hand me downs from Dot's and they are three sizes too big for her! But she loves them.

Haylee in a lovely ocean blue tank top with anchors on it. A dark blue pant with multi colored flowers....at least she is wearing the same color, just different hues.


My FAVORITE! She picked this outfit out when we got home from the pool and had to change our clothes. This is a two in one shirt - the pink tank top that has white flowers all over it is attached to the white shirt underneath. The shorts - by far a classic; yellow with numerous different, brightly colored flowers on it. So beautiful!




What a pretty little girl she is....and she loves picking out her clothes and showing Mommy and Daddy what a good job she has done. And, for those of you who know the story, yes, she is wearing underwear under all of her shorts!!

3 comments:

  1. Hilarious! I actually laughed out loud at this post. I do love Haylee, she makes my heart smile. :) Thanks for sharing.

    PS, I hope she was wearing panties. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can actually see you laughing as she comes down for the day! I guess this is a phase they must all go through??? Not looking forward to that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Just like a blow-by-blow of a true NY Fashion show . . . starring Haylee! She looks so proud in the photos . . . and proud she should be! What a big girl little Haylee has become . . .

    ReplyDelete