Saturday, August 1, 2009

I have a....BLOOM!

As most of you know, I attempt to have a green thumb, but really don't. Since we moved into this house four years ago, the landscaping has been less than stellar. We have practically ripped out every bush/plant/tree that the previous owners had (they were completely overgrown and nasty)...thus leaving our backyard a vast land of either nothing or weeds! Last summer, Byron built a flower bed next to our house, with my promise to plant something....well, I didn't, and what grew....yeah, the weeds. So, this summer, with the plans to put in our new patio and get the yard looking nice and not full of weeds, I again promised him that I would plant something. I chose a Clematis. My grandparents in Chicago have one that grows exceptionally beautiful flowers every year, and I wanted a flowering plant that would hide some of the house too...so, I set out to find a Clematis. I found one, bought it, planted it, watered it (with the constant reminder from my wonderful husband) and.....poof, I have a my first flower! This has become a new hobby and stress reliever of mine, and I hope that my thumb will eventually turn even the slightest bit of green.

1 comment:

  1. Good job! :)

    Anything growing out front where those two beautiful flamingos made their home?

    ReplyDelete