Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Stuart Construction - Week 17

Week 17 - March 11-17, 2013

More of the same this week, they finished up with the drywall and finally mudded (is that even grammatically correct?!) the whole house.  I was amazed to walk into the house and see how much softer it looked when the mud had been put on, or when it was mudded.  Seeing the harshness both in feel and color of the screws and the corner bead being covered makes it look more homey to me.  B thinks I'm crazy - I told him I'm a girl and it's becoming a home, still a nasty dirty construction site, but more of a home.  Sorry no pics of that, but once they texture, I will post some pics.

They also finished up on B's shop this week. I was amazed at how quickly they got the shop done.  I guess when you are just putting up wood sticks and then covering that with metal siding and you don't have to worry about the electrical, plumbing, floor, etc, if it takes you more than a week we should be concerned!  I think this will be a fantastic place for B to teach our children about cars and a place for them to bond.  I am so happy that we were able to make this shop happen, it was such a big part of us moving, so being able to afford it right off the bat is so important to me.  It is a HUGE shop, 30x50, so B and our children should never run out of room out there with their car projects.  I love the copula on the top, and we got to pick what we wanted; what could be better than an antique car weather vein on top of the car shop?!








1 comment: