Friday, September 28, 2012

Blake's Baptism

Kim and I have known each other and been friends longer in our lives than we haven't been.  (If that makes sense!)  We have stood next to each other as we said our marriage vows to our best friends.  We have been there for each other through the tough times in our lives.  We have drifted on life's paths but have always reconnected as if time hadn't passed.  We have been there for each other as we have found out that we are going to be mothers.  Kim is a true and genuine person and to her core is amazing, and I'm so happy to have her in my life.

When I found out Kim was pregnant with her first child, I was thrilled for her!  There is no greater a challenge nor reward than being pregnant and becoming a mother and I was so happy that my friend would get to experience this.

When Blake was born, it tested Kim and Raleigh to their core.  Blake decided to test his parent's strength from the beginning and as I knew they would, they made it through that difficult time with flying colors.  They never wavered  never broke, and they stayed strong.

I have never seen myself as a role model, and don't think that I have a clue as to what I am doing in any aspect of my life.  Apparently Kim thinks that I have my act together and thinks that I am doing a pretty decent job in raising my children (I must have fooled her!) that shortly after Blake was born, she asked me to be Blake's Godmother.  Couldn't have been more shocked or honored.  Blake did a great job and was absolutely adorable.  Thank you to Kim and Raleigh for thinking enough of me to have this role in Blake's life!

Here are some pictures from his baptism!










No comments:

Post a Comment