Monday, July 11, 2011

New Purchase

Byron and I usually aren't into the latest gadgets (ie - I-Pod, I-Pad, I-Phones, X-Boxes, etc) A few years ago, we bought ourselves a newer digital camera.  It is in no way near as sophisticated as some of the digital cameras are.  We were happy, we could point, shoot, take decent pictures, and shoot video on our camera.  It was great!  Fast forward to 7 months ago and our simple but effective camera broke!  By broke I mean it would drain 4 new batteries in a few hours.  We would have to keep the battery door open so the batteries wouldn't drain but then weren't able to keep the correct date.  Plus, it was such a drag when you wanted to take a cute shot of the kids and you had to push the battery cover closed and go through all you have to go through when you put in new batteries.

My dad has a phenomenal camera and we would more often than not borrow it - ok it lives at my house and he has to ask me for it back when he wants it!  It takes great shots, had a great lens on it...I love it.  I kept asking Byron if we could look into getting a new camera, and this time, a REALLY good camera... thankfully he got tired of our camera not working (and I'm pretty sure me nagging) and did some research into good cameras.

Introducing our new camera:


The Nikon D3100


It is very similar to my dad's camera, which I like (and his new telescoping lens fits on our camera too!) In addition to taking awesome pictures it also takes HD video!  That feature is what sold us on this camera!  We didn't want to lose the capability of taking video on our camera....

It is so lightweight and fabulous!  Byron and I agreed that we need to learn all of the features of this camera before we really start taking pictures, why spend the money if you aren't going to learn to use all of the bells and whistles?!

Byron used it for the first time this weekend when I participated in the tri!  There were some great shots he got!  I can't wait to take pictures of the kids with this camera...

1 comment:

  1. We're going to need a new camera too, so am anxious to hear about all the "bells and whistles" as you say on this one! I know cameras like that are nice, but I'm afraid too big and difficult to carry around with a little one, diaper bag, stroller, etc.? No? Yes? Share your wisdom with me, girlie--we need it!

    ReplyDelete