Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Where's The Snow!?

Up until December 30th, we had NO SNOW!  It was a brown and fairly warm Christmas.   So the weekend before Christmas, because there was no snow at our house, and our bathroom and house were chaotic and messy, my mom asked me if I wanted to get out of town with the kids for the weekend.  I jumped at the chance to get my kids out of the house and into a new environment.

We headed up Friday after work and stayed until Sunday mid-day.  Technically this wasn't Carter's first time seeing snow, but the last time he saw snow was when he was 4 months old, and he didn't really do much.  This time, we had a new snow suit, boots and let the kids have fun in the snow.  It snowed over a foot in 24 hours!  It was so peaceful to be up in the mountains where the big fat snow flakes were falling, no wind in the air, and the only noise to be heard was the laughter of my children as they went sledding.  I wish that Byron could have been there with us because I know that he could have used the escape; other than him not being there, it was a great weekend.

At first Carter wasn't so sure about the snow suit or the snow, and he would just stand with his arms bent in the air.  Eventually he got to the point where he would toddle around and smile and have fun with the snow.  Haylee - little miss daredevil...she would only let me sled with her twice before she was asking to go down by herself.  She has no fear, and didn't cry all that much when she went flying off the side of the sled slope and landed in two feet of powder!

Standing on the back deck.
Carter not so sure about the snow!

Beautiful Snow Angel


Go Carter Go!
Haylee was going so fast!

These are some of my favorite pictures of the kids! 






No comments:

Post a Comment