Sunday, December 9, 2012

Growing Up Too Quickly

Haylee, my loving, sweet, intelligent daughter is growing into more of a big girl everyday and I am not ready to accept that she just turned 6.  6!  6 years old!  How is it that she is this old already?!

This is the first birthday that we celebrated that was not in the Clarkson house.  Not gonna lie, it made me sad, but my parents have been fantastic in us treating and using their house as if it's ours.  We had Haylee's party at "our" house and of course, H got to pick her theme.  I'm not going to lie, I get a little scared every time I ask the kids their theme, because everyone knows that I have to have a cake that matches the theme!   This year - Hello Kitty.   Thank you H, TOTALLY up for that challenge!  The cake was FANTASTIC!!!  My friend Tara let me borrow a 16" round cake pan (it took 3 boxes of cake to make that one cake!) and then I found a Hello Kitty cake pan to put on top of the round cake.  It was so much fun to make this cake!  We used little marshmallows for the Kitty's fur, and I think that the cake turned out great!

We are so blessed to have so many family and friends in the area that were able to join us.  We decided to rent a bouncy house because we had a lot of friends that were coming.  What a FANTASTIC idea!  It was a bit chilly but I think a huge success!!!

Here are some pictures from the party.  Thank you to everyone for coming, we loved having you and are so blessed that you came to help celebrate our daughter's birthday!








No comments:

Post a Comment